Also referred to as Sunshine state, Florida has a lot to offer when it comes to building a new lifestyle there. It is big, varied state and far from uniform. For instance, the Miami areas feel like New York transposed to the Caribbean whereas the cities like Tallahassee and panhandle area have a more south feel to them. Orlando, on the other hand, is touristy while the Florida Keys have a totally unique feel to them.
Just like the landscapes, the cost of living in Florida also differs significantly, depending on the part of the state where you live, from the quite reasonable, to the extremely expensive. Plus, your experience of the state will also be colored by the place that you move from since that is what you will end up comparing it with. All in all, life in Florida is a very rewarding one, which you will find out shortly after reading the many benefits of living in this state. Let’s take a look.
- Bright and pleasant weather all year round. This allows you to plan any outdoor event knowing that the weather will not betray you at the last minute.
- Low taxes and zero state tax. Both the real estate tax and sales tax rate are extremely low, and there is zero state income tax. All this makes gas prices and energy bills pretty affordable, which means you can a lot each month.
- A buzzing beach life. The coastline of Palm Beach County, for instance, includes a number of sandy beaches and golf courses, which means you will never run out of places if you are ever in the mood to bask in the sunshine and enjoy the crystal-clear waters of Florida.
- Excellent to stay active. Florida has a lot offer when it comes to water sports and other activities such hiking, diving, snorkeling, bird-watching, sight-seeing, surfing, and much more. In addition to that, there are countless theme parks to enjoy (for example, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, and Disneyland). You will never run out of things to do in Florida.
- Lots of nature trails, rivers, lakes, and springs to explore. If you are a Nature enthusiast, then Florida will be your paradise.
- Job opportunities. The economy of Florida has been flourishing ever since the start of 20th century. The boom of construction, tourism, healthcare research, international trade, life and biomedical sciences, and other recreational industries has led to a rapid economic growth within the Sunshine state and made it one of the best states to do business in. At present day, Florida’s GDP is the 4th largest in all of America, the unemployment rate is pretty low, and the highly advanced service sector has a plethora of jobs to offer. If you are looking to settle in an economically rewarding part of Florida, then Palm Beach County is an option worth considering.